• Category : Vintage – Grand cru
• Blending : 100 % Chardonnay (Blanc de blancs), of the harvest 2011
• Dosage : 8 g/l (Brut)
• Vinification : First racking in January, malolactic fermentation at 15 °C. 5-year ageing. Separate vinification by plots.
• Eye : The colour is gold silken yellow. Nice effervescence making a nice string of foam..
• Nose : The nose is dense into a universe of pastries, freshly baked bread, and croissant with almonds. Then the expression of maturity comes with notes of candied fruits
(pineapple and yellow fruits) and smoky nuances of fresh peat, tea, dark rum and tobacco. Complexity worth wines of blending, the unexpected expression of Chardonnay.
• Palate : The palate offers some nice energy with a broad aromatic palette. Maturity is present with bergamot tea and a spicy-fruity dimension onto candied citrus (cinnamon,
clove, orange, yellow lemon and grapefruit). Some touches of
chlorophyll and anise recall the freshness of Chardonnay.
• Descriptors : peat taste, spicy, complex, candied fruits, powerful, warm, smoky, stewed fruits, gourmet, mature, crunchy.
• Type : Original, author wine and table wine.
• Tasters : all consumers, oenophiles, sommellerie.
• Tasting occasions Champagne for meals. Small feathered game in candied fruits and citrus. Meringue pie with black tea. Chicken tajine and whole grain saffron rice. Grilled prime rib of beef. Clementine poached on cake made with pink